Saturday, August 04, 2007

A chance at productivity

One moment out of the day to keep the writing end up does not seem like too much to ask. However, these past few weeks the idea of penning a few small paragraphs of text has seemed like a major chore. With work pressures, big project deadlines, and wedding planning swirling about, I am at a loss for time. And so I am left figuring out what item next gets crossed off the list - the idea of blogging does not even seem to make the list.

I have figured that this eternal quest for "being on top of things" is nothing more than a hope that perhaps any one of us have a shot at controlling our own destiny. The hope is alluring, but the reality is much more daunting than our greatest wishes. That leaves me sitting at the kitchen table on a Saturday morning, allowing myself a nice, old-fashioned sleep-in, and a few paragraphs of text.

Of course, I am in the process of re-prioritizing my list of things to do, but that process has been ongoing for quite some time. All for the chance at productivity, and if I am lucky, some ideas might stick before the next wave of deadlines and pressures washes the rest away.
Post a Comment