Monday, September 13, 2004

How time passes...

...when we traverse a path of ambition, letting our greatest impulses overcome us. For me, the result is over two months of inactivity at this blog. What have I been doing exactly? There was the trip to NYC and the follies of an emotionally confused Italian girl, almost a month in Russia and an exchange student reunion in Germany, a quick-fire application submission to an European business school and a rapid-fire response - I just returned from three days in Switzerland performing a grueling, all-day interview. And in between, a month of ping-pong business travel (Dallas-Cleveland-Orlando-Chicago-New York-San Francisco) that directly preceded those three days back and forth to Lausanne. Now, I am in San Francisco working, as my brother just left to Yosemite and Napa Valley for two days - his visit from Ohio for this week is just another moment added to the flow.
So here I am, typing these words at my computer on a beautiful afternoon in SF. I see nothing but blue skies and hear nothing but a bit of hammer pounding in the distance; someone's real-estate development will become someone else's residence soon enough. I am calm for the moment, yet extremely busy catching up from last week's European disruption. Anxiously awaiting the next chronicle in this hectic journey that is 2004. How time passes...
Post a Comment