Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday afternoon

There is something exhilarating about a Friday afternoon.  As I try to frenetically wrap up the weekly work activities and put my work computer in the bag, I try to reflect on the accomplishments for the week.  I use 280daily as the site to briefly capture the day's events, a double-tweet's worth of characters to capture some relevance and remember what I did.  It's the last task I have to confront before rushing into the weekend.

I complete this last work task and then write this blog post.  I wanted to capture the particular feeling of Friday afternoon because it is the excitement of possibility, similar to an artist sizing up a blank canvas.  It is another form of joy, and a feeling that is worth capturing to remind myself what possibility can do to improve my attitude.  And now, I am ready to shut down and enjoy a nice glass of Riesling.
Post a Comment