Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lightness

Empty airport cafe triggers a feeling of lightness

I'm sitting at an empty airport cafe.  Evening rush hour in the terminal is perking up.  A finished espresso cup sits on the table.  The moment feels lonely and right.  

I have a couple of hours until takeoff. My mind stutters on the words that want to claw to the page.  My attention drifts into a subterranean state; I'm grabbing for the trigger that connects this moment to a feeling of deja vu. 

Coldplay rotating on my smartphone releases the trigger.  I feel lonely because I am pensive and alone, which heightens my attention to all else that surrounds me besides myself. This feels right because I am able to reflect, think more deeply, capture the moment in my mind's eye. 

The trigger pulled, I have a feeling of lightness.
Post a Comment