Monday, November 19, 2012

Late in the Day

Late in the day on a typical evening in Lahaina, Maui
Somehow the day got away from me.  Never mind the work travel and the meetings and the document production for other projects, I let the better part of the day inhibit me from jotting a few journal notes.   This is certainly less than the creative time needed to keep formulating the ideas rattling in my brain, of which one I hope to extract for a long form piece next year.  If I was honest with myself, I would admit that more time is required to soak in these thoughts than I have provided thus far, time which is slow coming and needs focus and solitude.  Alas, the work of a writer is often left for those moments that linger late in the day, when reflections peek out enough to capture and dissolve like a sunset.  I will keep trying.
Post a Comment